Well finally I get to post! I am excited, with the challenge and all we haven’t been able to post as much. I guess it is good to get a little break, right? I have to admit something that I am sure many of you have been dealing with as well. The economy has taken it’s toll on me and my entire family. I was in real estate doing fairly well a year and a half ago and as you all know it pretty much has tanked. Along with that my entire extended family and most all of my friends who own their own businesses have dealt with the same thing. It has created a very negative vibe in this little world we all live in, just in case you hadn’t already noticed…lol. I am not trying to sit here and boo hoo poor me. I am telling you all of this for a reason.
I make it a point to see the upside in things no matter how crappy it all really is. There is always a bright side isn’t there? Well this past week I have had more than I can take. Many people I love and care about have really been hit hard and it is very obvious. There have been about 3 days in a row that I just felt like giving up. Nothing is more disheartening than working your tail end off and still being behind week after week. Not to mention all though I have a great job, I am not a desk person I love to be out and about making things happen. So the 9-4 job I have is kind of like cutting off a birds wings. If my boss or his wife read this don’t worry I am a loyal wingless bird I won’t be going anywhere…lol 😉
Okay now to my point. What I have noticed is that I take my stress out in exercise. Holy crap I cannot believe I do that! All I have needed all of this time is a real bad economy to get off my fat A**. For me exercise is just what I have been looking for. It makes me HAPPY 🙂 I feel better, things seem like they are possible and it takes my mind off of all of the negative that is going on. WHO FREAKIN’ KNEW?!
I have decided to compile a list of what to do if you are in a similar situation. Keep the glass is half full attitude, do your daily exercise and talk the opportunity to burn more calories whenever possible:
1. When bill collectors call….Put the phone on the treadmill and turn it on high. If they are still there after that then try kickboxing the damn phone!
2. When bills that you can’t pay come in the mail….Just don’t pick them up! Let them stay in the mailbox until they cannot fit anymore in it and then maybe the mailman will stop bringing them! If all else fails just wait until there are 5o+ pounds of mail in the box and get your weight lifting done sorting through it all.
3. When the power man shows up with your disconnect notice….Chase him out of your driveway running as fast as you can swearing if need be and waving the notice in the air. This is certain to burn at least 100 calories!
4. Make sure you lock yourself in the your car when the repo man shows up. With it being summer and all you are sure to sweat off 1-2 pounds!
5. Run, run as fast as you can when anyone shows up to collect money for fundraisers, donations and any other form of genorosity. If you are running you cannot carry a check book so they will never know that you are just flat A** broke. You may want to do the same thing if you get an invite to a lia sophia party, pampered chef or tupperware party.
Now please know that these are just suggestions you do not have to do any of them. Of course I have not tried them but I think I may when necessary. Please feel free to add to the list and keep smiling because when you smile through adversity you burn even more calories!
Heading out to lock myself in the car and drink my 1/2 glass of water. XO Shannon